The successful candidate in this position will possess key skills and experience which include knowledge of international import transportation, import brokerage procedures, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (“Customs”), and Participating Government Agency (“PGA”) requirements including the clearance process, classification and valuation. This position requires excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task along with the knowledge to produce accurate workflow in a fast-paced, high-pressure freight forwarding operations environment, while positively contributing to the success of the team.
This role primarily requires the individual to manage accounts from A to Z, prepare all documentation necessary to clear merchandise through Customs and any applicable PGA, provide excellent, thorough, and prompt customer service and perform any tasks assigned by the Manager, Supervisor, or Team Lead that meets the needs of the team and department.
- Ethical with sound judgement
- Possess a passion to help team members
- Ability to work well with others at all level, enjoys being part of a team and is a true team player
- Reliable, follows through on commitments
- Balances team’s needs with goals of organization
- Outstanding written, verbal, presentation and organization communication skills
- Professional presentation
- Goal oriented and task driven
Essential Duties and Functional Responsibilities
The following definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities for this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Ensuring area housekeeping requirements are met
- Abiding by all OSHA rules and LOGISTEED America, Inc.’s safety practices
- Meeting established procedures and productivity, safety and quality standards
- Entering and transmitting ISFs (Importer Security Filing) for ocean shipments
- Classifying commodities per client import portfolio with appropriate recordkeeping
- Entering data of client shipment detail and updating shipment information and/or status
- Liaising with third parties to move goods (by road, rail, air or sea) in accordance with customer requirements
- Working closely with customers, colleagues and third parties to ensure smooth operations to deadlines
- Maintaining communication and control through all phases of the file
- Resolving customer issues, handling and solving incidents (e.g. disputes)
- Preparing Customs entries, including HTS classification, data input, customer invoicing and delivery of freight
- Preparing and filing of ACH statements
- Communicating with Customs and Other Government agencies to ensure accurate compliance
- Assisting import supervisor and performing other duties as assigned by the Manager
Non – Essential Functions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Project Management
- Prioritize Tasks / Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Personal Effectiveness / Credibility
- Strong organizational skills
- High degree of accuracy
- Strong customer relations
- Strong business acumen
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Fluency in English required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and phone etiquette
- High school diploma / GED, college degree preferred
- Minimum 1+ years customs brokerage experience preferred
- Effective, clear, and concise communication skills
- Experience with CargoWise software preferred, but not required
- Detail oriented with ability to solve problems independently as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience interacting, developing and maintaining customer relationships
- Proven ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proven success in and improving quality, service, safety and client relationship in a fast-paced high-pressure setting
- Proven ability to provide outstanding customer service and maintain an excellent rapport with customers and vendors
- Proven competencies in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and regulations (OSHA)
- Ability to pass all TSA background requirements
- Knowledge of ISF filing
- Ability to work flexible hours according to business needs
- Knowledge of import brokerage procedures and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (“Customs”) and Participating Government Agency (“PGA”) requirements including the clearance process, classification and valuation.
- Not Applicable
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk and hear, to stand and walk for short periods of time, and to frequently bend, stoop, and kneel. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and lift with arms, shoulders and legs. The employee is required to sit for prolonged periods of time; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
One-hundred percent of work time will be spent in an office setting where the environment is climate controlled.
LOGISTEED America, Inc.is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.50 – $28.00 USD per hour (depending on experience)
"*" indicates required fields