The successful candidate in this position will possess key skills and experience which include knowledge of international import transportation. This position requires excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task along with the knowledge to produce accurate workflow in a fast-paced, high-pressure freight forwarding operations environment, while positively contributing to the success of the team. This role will mainly focus on ocean import operations but may assist with air import operations as needed.
- Ethical with sound judgement
- Possess a passion to help team members
- Reliable, follows through
- Balances team’s needs with goals of organization
- Outstanding written, verbal, presentation and organization communication skills
Essential Duties and Functional Responsibilities Required
Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performing tasks safely
- Ensuring area housekeeping requirements are met
- Abiding by all OSHA rules and LOGISTEED America, Inc.’s safety practices
- Meeting established procedures and productivity, safety and quality standards
- Entering and transmitting ISFs (Importer Security Filing) for ocean shipments
- Entering data of client shipment detail and updating shipment information and/or status
- Working closely with colleagues to ensure smooth operations to deadlines
- Assisting entry writers and performing other duties as assigned by the Manager
- Meet deadlines
- Manage their workload effectively
- Use their time wisely and avoid distractions
- Adapt to changes and re-evaluate their priorities
- Communication Proficiency
- Strong organizational skills
- High degree of accuracy
Preferred Qualifications, Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities and Working Conditions
Previous Work Experience
- 2+ years operational freight forwarding experience preferred
Educational and Certifications
- High school diploma / GED
Requirements and Preferences
- Fluency in English required
- High school diploma / GED
- Experience with CargoWise software preferred, but not required
- Proven competencies in Microsoft Office products
- Proven ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and phone etiquette
- Detail oriented with ability to solve problems independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to understand safety requirements and regulations (OSHA)
- Ability to pass all TSA background requirements
- Ability to work flexible hours according to business needs
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk and hear, to stand and walk for short periods of time, and to frequently bend, stoop, and kneel. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and lift with arms, shoulders and legs. The employee is required to sit for prolonged periods of time; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Most work time will be spent in an office setting where the environment is climate controlled.
LOGISTEED America, Inc. is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Salary: Up to $19.00 per hour.
"*" indicates required fields